The Team Lead Internal Audit will contribute to the completion of specific sections of a risk based audit plan. Team leaders, are the project managers of specific audit engagements for the entire audit life cycle. Includes leading a team of auditors during audits including day to day supervision and mentoring of team members.
- Lead audits of financial records, operating procedures and internal controls for complex business areas as assigned.
- Provide guidance in identification and assessment of inherent risks and controls.
- Review developed audit programs that determine the effectiveness of control activities.
- Oversee documentation of business processes, audit procedures and testing analysis, ensuring compliance with department standards.
- Assess the relevancy of audit findings; identify potential risk exposures and their materiality, and spot trends
- Present audit issues and final results to the customer both verbally and through written report.
- Establish productive working relationships with the customers during audit assignments.
- Establish effective team environments, coordinating work assignments, monitoring progression of assignments and deviations from plan and operating within budgeted timeframes for the project.
- Coach and train associate, staff and senior auditors in executing and documenting audit work and results.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present analysis and conclusions with clarity and professionalism.
- Executive presence; experience in communicating across lines of business, and levels of management.
- Ability to find consensus among a group with diverging views.
- Demonstrated proficiency in execution of audits in accordance with professional practices and standards.
- Strong project management, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work a fast paced environment focusing on consistently producing high quality results.
- Four or more years in public accounting, internal audit or other related business field required.