Purpose of the Job
- Ensure smooth operation of wi-tribe IP Core & LTE-A/WiMAX Core network in order to provide maximum performance and availability for the end users
- Supervise team of network professionals performing Core network engineering, design, installation, configuration, optimization and L2/L3 support
- Ensure that network designs provide maximum efficiency, security and confidentially in line with business needs
- Administer a team of network engineers for implementation, optimization and operation of core network systems including installation, configuration and management
- Provide L2/L3 technical support for IP & WiMAX Core network, metro Ethernet, systems/servers including DNS and DHCP, network Monitoring tools & DB. Create and maintain network documentation, configuration backups, maintain hardware and software standards, and work on projects as and when assigned.
- Be able to troubleshoot and fix complex network issues and upon restoration, follow up on root causes.
- Lead inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other network/system supplies
- Perform growth planning and performance analysis of production systems, implement complex hardware and software upgrades to meet capacity requirements
- Handle Level-2, Level-3 interaction with vendors and coordinate with regions to summarize all technical issues and follow up with vendors accordingly
Possess strong understanding of technology both for IP and wireless (WiMAX) involving Access & Core network.
Strong technical background, hands-on experience in a large WAN, LAN environment.
Knowledge and expertise of IP routing, switching, MPLS, VPLS, OSPF, BGP, WiMAX, network security.
Strong background of Operating systems including Linux, Solaris + Hands-on-experience of DNS & DHCP.
Good understanding of core business processes, Company standards and guidelines and project management processes.
3-5 years of experience in network planning, design, deployment and operations.
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.